align5 EXIT STRATEGY RETREAT
A 3-Day, Fully-Immersive Experience Preparing To Strategically Sell Your Private Company.
For many successful entrepreneurs, the single biggest financial event of their careers will be the sale of their company. If executed effectively, the sale can eclipse all the years of income in the business.
The challenge is that, with the rise of private equity firms, venture capital and strategic brokers, the sophistication level of buyers has risen exponentially. For the entrepreneur, it might be the first (or second) deal they have ever been a part of, while the buyer may have closed dozens or hundreds of deals this year!
It is absolutely essential that growth-company entrepreneurs understand the M&A process intimately. That's where the align5 Exit Strategy Retreat will help.
During The Retreat You'll Understand...
- 7 value drivers
that most growth company entrepreneurs either miss
- The exact steps you can take
today to maximize the future value of your company.
- Pros and cons of
different buyer types including: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Institutional, and Strategic Buyers.
- Playbooks and tactics
most common to each buyer group and how to mitigate any disadvantages.
- Transaction types, clarifying the
current landscape of confusing deal structures
and explaining terms common to different buyer groups.
- Most importantly, we will go deep on the mindsets that are critical to success. Much of the advantage gained by today’s savvy buyers over less sophisticated sellers revolves around the psychology of transactions. We will also discuss in detail the mindset of post transaction life. Whether you choose a future role in the organization or simply work through a transition, planning for life after the deal is imperative.
Sept 22 - 25 (Tentative: Dublin, Ireland)
Oct 30 - Nov 2, 2022 (Marathon, FL)
- Check in
- Intro Session:
Leveling the Playing Field (Buyers/Sellers)
- Session: Exit Preparation
- Preferred/Required Outcomes,Due Diligence Process, Rembrandts, Mind Mapping, Story Telling
- Personal Planning Time
- Dinner Session: Selling Mindset
- Breakfast Session: Exit Process
- Pitching, Due Diligence Checklist,IOI/LOI, Avoiding Pitfalls
- Personal Planning Time
Creating a Gameplan
- Breakfast Final Session: Sharing Next Steps Departure
The Retreat in Marathon, Florida was designed as a labor of love by John Ratliff. Every last detail of the property was conceived with the needs of entrepreneurs ,executive teams and forum groups in mind.
Often, our best thinking takes place away from the office. The Retreat inspires exponential thinking with its inviting, open, and luxurious atmosphere. Entrepreneurs can learn and relax in an inspirational and creative space where they can celebrate their success and learn about the process of selling a company.
Meet Your Host & Guest Speakers
John Ratliff, align5 - Your Host
John brings over 25 years of experience as an entrepreneur, CEO and investment banker. In 2013, he co-founded align5 (in partnership with STS Capital) to advise growth company entrepreneurs and family enterprises on a variety of strategic issues including sell-side and buy-side M&A.
John was also the founder and CEO of Appletree Answers, a telephone answering service company he started in 1995. He grew the company organically by implementing strategies from Rockefeller Habits 2.0 (the Scaling Up methodology) and through a series of acquisitions to 24 U.S. locations and 650 employees. John sold Appletree Answers to a strategic buyer in June 2012. John is extremely qualified and passionate about designing your overall business strategy, company culture and employee engagement - factors that drove Appletree to record growth and profitability and ultimately drove a strategic valuation style exit. One key driver of that value was 18% turnover in an industry that averaged 150%.
Today, he is CEO of Scaling Up Coaches and Managing Director & Partner of align5, a strategic consultancy and coaching firm.
- 20+ hours of content and instruction on-site in Marathon.
- An individual coaching session about your business and exit strategy.
- Access to The $65 Million Dollar Secret, an exit strategy course.
- Networking with fellow attendees and after hours discussions.
- Ongoing phone and email contact in a mastermind format after the event.
- Retreat Accommodations
- Private rooms on the property
- Full breakfast buffets
- Catered lunches
- Evening cocktail receptions
- All-inclusive food & drinks including alcohol
- Full use of all onsite amenities
- Boat outings (weather permitting)
What Are Clients Are Saying...
Are You In?
We look forward to meeting you and planning your strategic exit together.